forum.webdiplomacy.net

webDip dev coordination forum / public access todo list
It is currently Sat Oct 21, 2017 1:22 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Power Choice
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 6:31 pm 

kestasjk wrote:
Looks good so far, can't see any problems. :) I've posted the link in the forums, so hopefully we'll get some good feedback, but I don't see any problems myself

Great! How do you want to handle it from here? Seems like most forum feedback is procedural rather than finding bugs. What are the next steps?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 7:01 pm 
Site Admin

I've posted the thread in FB Dip to gauge their reaction. Basically as long as there's no mass lynching of the idea I'll get a copy of the code and SQL to change the database off you, then I'll go through and check out all the code for security issues and to see if there are any bugs. Once all that is checked out I'll merge it into CVS and it'll pop up in the live sites.

Most of all I want to make sure everyone knows it's coming; merging it in then having everyone surprised and angry about the change is the last thing we need, so I'm trying to get the news out and get an idea of how people will react

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:31 pm 

kestasjk wrote:
I've posted the thread in FB Dip to gauge their reaction. Basically as long as there's no mass lynching of the idea I'll get a copy of the code and SQL to change the database off you, then I'll go through and check out all the code for security issues and to see if there are any bugs. Once all that is checked out I'll merge it into CVS and it'll pop up in the live sites.

Looks like the test has turned out all right (at least from a functionality standpoint). How would you like me to deliver the diffs? I can post the patch file here, put it on the web, or e-mail it, whatever is easiest for you.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 1:04 am 
Site Admin

Hmm, depends how many small changes there are. Could you attach the diffs here, as well as a tarball of the whole lot?

Also I have mid-semesters coming up; if I drift in and out of inactivity don't think it's because this has stalled

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 3:21 pm 

What happened to this?

I'm running small localized installation at http://dip.xbsd.kr and it will be really useful for us.
I have friend complaining about 'I get Italy all the time'.. :)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:43 pm 

Hi everyone! Sorry I went dark for a while. I realized that my working contract (I'm a game developer in real life) prevented me from contributing this work back to the community, so I was waiting for it to expire, which it did a few days ago.

I have the diffs ready, but will need to check it against the current codebase to make sure it still works with whatever changes have been integrated. I'll report back in a day or two.