forum.webdiplomacy.net

webDip dev coordination forum / public access todo list
It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:15 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:10 pm 

I think we can all acknowledge that a resignation ("left") is a black mark on your profile. I am sure this will idea will be frowned upon and that's ok. I just think it is a good idea to brainstorm. What does everyone think about a process that would allow a player to file a request to have a "left" removed from their record? The process could have specific requirements such as:

- a player is allowed only one expungement
- the "left" must have occurred within (so many) months of registration
- the player must provide a valid reason for leaving
- the player must pledge that they will not leave from a game again

What do you guys think?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 3:23 am 
Site Admin

I suppose it'd be good to add something to the mod CP to let "Left" statuses be taken off, sure

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:19 pm 

All those limit factors you suggest "a player is allowed only one expungement" I disagree with, but adding it as a mod option would be nice yes.
More important however would be the ability to nullify a finished game.
It would also be nice to have cancelling *not* delete the game, merely leave it on the database marked as cancelled.
This would allow you to cancel a game without loosing what may have been entertaining press or the like. Otherwise you have to draw a game, which may be unfair.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 6:45 am 

Truth be told, I added those limiting factors in just because I thought the experienced players would be more receptive to the idea if it was presented with some caution. At the same time, I do not think that players who are constantly leaving games should be allowed to continue to have them removed from their profile.

I also think you had some good suggestions as well figlesquidge. How would we begin to get this idea noticed? Do we just leave it to percolate in this thread until one of the developers picks up on it?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:08 am 
Site Admin

figlesquidge wrote:
All those limit factors you suggest "a player is allowed only one expungement" I disagree with, but adding it as a mod option would be nice yes.
More important however would be the ability to nullify a finished game.
It would also be nice to have cancelling *not* delete the game, merely leave it on the database marked as cancelled.
This would allow you to cancel a game without loosing what may have been entertaining press or the like. Otherwise you have to draw a game, which may be unfair.

That would be good, in fact it may be possible to do retroactively because when a game is cancelled/abandoned it is actually backed up first (not in a very robust way, rather as a last resort safety measure, but they should still be there)

Re: Getting it done, I'll move this thread from the ideas section to the todo section, and I'll implement it when I get around to it, but it'll likely be a few months for non critical features