forum.webdiplomacy.net

webDip dev coordination forum / public access todo list
It is currently Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:16 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:15 am 

There are a couple of issues with the next and previous buttons in the game search:

You can view the page past the end of the search results

To reproduce:

1. Click the "Games" link at the top right of the page, then click "New"
  2. Keep clicking the right arrow until you get to the end of the list of pages.
  3. Observe that the final page is an empty result page with a message "The set of returned games has finished; use the search tab to find specific games.".

The behaviour I am expecting instead is to be unable to progress past the last page of results (perhaps with that message at the bottom of the last page instead).

The game search page remembers where you were, which could be past the end of the list

To reproduce:

1. Follow steps 1-3 above.
  2. Click "forum" to navigate away from the search page.
  3. Click "game" to return to the game search page
  4. Observe that the returned page is empty, and the right browse arrow is incorrectly enabled.

This behaviour probably also happens if the size of the result list has shrunk since the last visit.

Instead, I would expect that if the last page we viewed is out of range, then clicking the "games" link takes us to the last page of current results instead. I would also expect that the right browse arrow would be disabled in this case.

---

I imagine these issue are in pager/pager.php (or the way it is invoked), as I've seen the first issue on the profile page too.

Unless there are any objections, I can look in to fixing these issues and submitting a patch this weekend.