forum.webdiplomacy.net

webDip dev coordination forum / public access todo list
It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:00 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:44 am 

This would be very cool.
At the moment the "largemap-only" maps use an IFrame to load the largemap in the smallmap-view.
With these 2 improvements (touch-support and 2nd click to hold) I could make a really small smallmap (without names and really small units) and use this tool to allow for a much better zoom. This would be a really great addition.

Oliver

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:08 am 

I still have to experiment with touch problems. It'll take a while I suppose, because I don't have no touch devices at the moment (!) to check if I'm doing something wrong :lol:

So, for now, I'm working on something that detects mobile devices in the board.php page, in order to activate or not the zoom.

Something like:
if mobile device, than display usual map
else display map with zoom

The "main" problem for now are the variants with no small map. In fact, for example in Youngstown variant, when the zoom is active the vertical and horizontal sliders don't work, because they are considered as active area for enabling/disabling the zoom with the click. Don't know how to solve this for that kind of maps. :?:
Of course, if the touch and double click problem is solved, this would solved too, but for now, I'm going to try with the IF, excluding the zoom also from the variants without double map.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:21 pm 

Oliver, I tried the zoom option with a samsung smartphone.

It's strange, but it worked. Not in the usual way, but anyway it was quite useful: viewing the game page, tapping on the map, the zoom was working in a fixed way zooming the tapped area.

for example, touching one time the bottom right area, compares the zoom of Turkey. Touching the map another time switches the zoom off and I could see again the entire area.
Again, touching Italy, zooms the map in the Italy area, and touching it again zooms the map out.

EDIT.
Ok, I readed again what you said and noticed that you were talking about gestures.
For now I'm not able to improve that, but anyway the touch function is somehow working ! :)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 7:21 pm 

Slightly pdated the Zoom-mod.

There are no big changes, apart for theese:

Sleepcap wrote:
Small idea for improvement:
If you click a 2nd time on the picture it zooms out. Maybe make it NOT Zoom out, but just "release" the mouse, so you can see the actual zoom-view without movement and enter your orders. Unzoom if you click again.

Now in the jquery.zoom.js file you can select between 'onmouseover', 'click' and 'toggle' options.
The toggle option zoomes the area on the map where you click. So the mouse is always "free" to do other stuff.

I didn't see much if it's possible to let live toghether both click and toggle options. Of course it'll be possible to let the user decide if he wants to click or toggle, but for me just the click option is quite enough.

If you don't understand what I'm speaking about, here you are a hint. On that page there is only onmouseover and grab function, but if you download the zoom, and run it in your browser you can see the click and toggle functions too.

The code is NOT on the first post of this thread, but its on github. I'll try to let in there in a standalone branch, named mod-zoom for easy patching.