forum.webdiplomacy.net

webDip dev coordination forum / public access todo list
It is currently Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:45 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:54 pm 

tobi1 wrote:
I could add a 'highlight own units' button which could be optional used.

This sounds cool.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:31 pm 

Another idea:
Once a command is finished don't write the text "-NEXT ORDER-" at the end of the line, but make the complete orderline visible above the text-field.
For example:
Attachment:
Order.png
Order.png [ 14.96 KiB | Viewed 3157 times ]

Once you start to enter a new command delete the text.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:14 am 

Hi, tobi. May I worship your work? Once this becomes standard for all variants (as I assume it will be), this will be the most time-saving device EVER! Especially because it is mobile-friendly! If you would be willing to help me limp along through learning a new language, I would be more than happy to help!

~Aberration V~
~Baltic~
~Loeb9~
~Oceania~
~Warpath America~
~Waterworld~
DFTBA!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 2:02 pm 

Hi tobi,

any updates what you want to do with your cool scripts.
Looks like they work perfectly.

I would like to see a better/cleaner integration in the webdiplomacy-interface, but I will better not change anything on my own if you are still improving the code...

Oliver

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 12:42 pm 

Hi!

I do not plan to make any huge changes to the existing code any more, only few small improvements.

Here is my TODO list:

- show completed/aborted orders in an extra text field
- optional unit-highlighting
- possible change of grey-out intensity as an option
- support for different unit names

- overwork existing code (e.g. replace some early functions by cleaner or already existing functions)

@ Sleepcap:
Sleepcap wrote:
I would like to see a better/cleaner integration in the webdiplomacy-interface, but I will better not change anything on my own if you are still improving the code...

What do you have exactly in mind? Only changing the buttons to buttons with webDip-style or do you like to see any bigger changes?

@ Ninjanrd:

Thanks for the nice feedback! :)
Unfortunately I won't need your help as the project is coming to the end.
But if you have any own ideas for improving the site I recommend the JavaScript tutorial at http://www.w3schools.com. I assume the php tutorial is good as well. If you are familiar with programming languages like Java, the syntax of JavaScript shouldn't be new to you (only similarity between Java and JavaScript).
You have to set up a local server to test code changes. For me (without any experience) this was the most difficult part, but you will get help in this forum.
If you still want to support the interactive map project, you could prepare the special maps which often need to be overworked. But you will have to set up a local server for this as well to run the scripts for the auto-generation of such a map.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:39 pm 

FINAL VERSION:

- support for FoW-variants
- support for different unit names
- autosave-function
- use of webDip-css-styles
- extra field for completed/aborted orders
- optional unit highlighting
- option to change grey-out intensity (only temporary until the site is closed / reloaded)
- restructured / partly rewritten and improved code

This update will be the large update with general changes/additions to the interactive map interface. From now on there should be bug fixes only.

Changes for existing versions:

- all files were overworked and have to be replaced by the new ones
- to get a better look, edit the css-files as it is described in README.txt

IMPORTANT: autosave-function
When you download the code, the autosave-function will be activated. This function saves the orders each time, the user enters an order via the interface. Perhaps this will overload the server.
You can switch off the function by editing interactiveMap.js. Simply change "interactiveMap.autosave" to "false".

As every variant that should be used with the interface has to be overworked, I've made a "variant package" which consists of 30 tested variants, which should work with the interface. I plan to add more packages in future as well.
Each variant in the package have a "ChangeLog.txt" which lists the changes and additions so you don't have to copy all files. If you'd like to support me in preparing the variants for the interface, the change log should help you as well.

The variants of the first package:

- Classic
- ClassicFog
- AncMed
- WWIV
- Pure (5)
- Classic1897
- ClassicChaoctopi
- ClassicChaos
- ClassicEvT
- ClassicFGA (10)
- ClassicFGvsRT
- ClassicFvA
- ClassicGreyPress
- ClassicGvI
- ClassicGvR (15)
- ClassicIER
- ClassicNoNeutrals
- ClassicOctopus
- ClassicVS
- Modern2 (20)
- Empire1on1
- Empire4
- GreekDip
- Duo
- ClassicAnkaraCrescent (25)
- Europe1939
- Rinascimento
- Colonial
- KnownWorld_901
- ClassicCrowded (30)

Link to the variant package (6.8 MB are too big for the forum): https://www.dropbox.com/s/giv0x50oniedn5x/IAvariantPackage1.zip

Attachments:
interactiveMap.zip [249.98 KiB]
Downloaded 150 times

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:27 pm 

Whow.
This is amazing.

I will put this up and will change the opt-in on my server to an opt-out, so everyone can use this now.

Very cool...

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:17 pm 

Quote:
I will put this up and will change the opt-in on my server to an opt-out, so everyone can use this now.

Great! :D

How are you getting on?
I really do not want to put stress on you, just want to know if any problems appeared. Are you waiting for the other variants? I only want to work on the other variants, if the interface is more heavily used on vdip, so I know that my work won't be nearly useless (which is a bit stupid after most work is done :roll: ). Perhaps somebody likes to help me with the other variants after the interface would become more popular.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:21 pm 

I'm a bit busy at the moment, but it works quite good on my small test-server.
But it might take a few more days/weeks till I can upload this to the main vdip-server.

Oliver

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:45 am 

No problem! :)

I was just a bit worried as you were very quick with the older versions.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next