forum.webdiplomacy.net

webDip dev coordination forum / public access todo list
It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 6:15 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: My Works In Progress
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:32 am 

Nevermind then, I guess you just don't like it.

In other news, I have an abomination to the name of Diplomacy:

Attachment:
Rivers & Mountains.png
Rivers & Mountains.png [ 35.89 KiB | Viewed 2346 times ]

Unit starting positions:

Austria
F Vienna
A Budapest
A Trieste

England
F North Sea
F North Atlantic Ocean
A Ukraine

France
F Paris
A Marseilles
A Brest

Germany
F Berlin
A Munich
A Kiel

Italy
F Venice
F Rome
A Naples

Russia
A Warsaw
A St. Petersburg
F Moscow
A Sevastopol

Turkey
F Smyrna
A Constantinople
A Ankara

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:11 pm 

Great concept there but...why is Ukraine pink?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:50 pm 

I gave it to England....for no good reason. It can be easily changed, but I would England's initial builds:

England
F North Sea
F Edinburgh
A London

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:10 am 

And another...

Attachment:
WWII.jpg
WWII.jpg [ 116.65 KiB | Viewed 2283 times ]

I will be editing this one to make it more balanced and in the 1941 setting.
I also had to shrink it down to be set on this site. It will be much clearer and larger.

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 8:49 am 

Here's another idea:

Crusaders! People fighting uglier people...

Attachment:
Crusaders!.png
Crusaders!.png [ 45.4 KiB | Viewed 2217 times ]

OF COURSE, it's not done yet, but I would like some honest feedback before I do anymore work on it. My original intention was to have the two Northernmost powers being the Kingdom of Denmark, and the Kingdom of Norway, but that would heavily overpower Denmark and create tons of back up in the Baltics...
The map is set to take place somewhere around the second or third crusade. Which one is not important, because it would create some accuracy flaws. (Which I know people will complain about...)
Basically, the Turks are divided, and the Papacy has declared that Europe should head out to destroy them.

There are two ways to victory:
1. Gather a vast majority of the SC's (I'm thinking 35)
2. Capture both Jerusalem and Rome.

Since these two territories are Holy Cities, I was thinking that when a unit was holding in them, that they would be able to be 'miraculously transformed.' So the transform feature would apply only to a unit in those cities.

ALSO NOTE that Hamburg, York, Lapland, and Jerusalem have two coasts.
In other news, there are meant to be neutral units in Portugal, Scotland, Oslo, and Antioch

It should be build anywhere.

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 12:33 am 

WITH EDITS!

Attachment:
Crusaders!.png
Crusaders!.png [ 47.57 KiB | Viewed 2169 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:31 pm 

When I think of the Crusades I can't help but think of Byzantium besieged and calling upon Europe to help it. Then the Crusaders themselves set up kingdoms in the 'holy land' for themselves. So I imagine something that combines these three maps:
http://www.variantbank.org/results/rule ... inople.htm
http://www.variantbank.org/results/rules/o/outremer.htm
http://www.variantbank.org/results/rules/c/crusades.htm

Attachment:
fallofcon.gif
fallofcon.gif [ 87.67 KiB | Viewed 2130 times ]

Attachment:
dipcrusade.jpg
dipcrusade.jpg [ 116.65 KiB | Viewed 2129 times ]

Attachment:
crusades.gif
crusades.gif [ 32.95 KiB | Viewed 2128 times ]

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:18 am 

I like some of your Middle Earth map but I have a few questions and suggestions. For all I know you have adjusted things for the purpose of balancing, but I'd like to know anyway. I generally like this map, since the book "Atlas of Arda" is awesome.
http://elvenesse.net/locations/middleearth.php

First, why not separate the purple powers into 3 powers? You'd have to make up a few SCs for Isengard and the goblins in the north, but its better than having one strong power so spread out. And the books they weren't all servants of Sauron anyway. Isengard can have SCs in Dunland and Westfold. If you want an evil power in the north, just make it Moria, Goblintown, and Gungabad.

Why are Moria and Lorien so far north. You could change Moria to Goblintown (from the Hobbit). Dol Goldur is directly to the East of Lorien and the river.

Dwarves/men in the north could be their own power. There is a lot of room up there for a few small SCs (Erebor, Dale, Lake Town, Wood Elves, Iron Hills)

Instead of Angmar being part of the Shire, you could have any number of the three largest Shire towns, Michel Delving, Tookland, Bucklebury, or even the White Towers in the West. The capitals of Arnor: Fornost was just north of Bree, and Anuminas (Evidium) was just north of Hobbiton.

I'm guessing that the rivers would allow those SCs to build fleets, but I think that would actually be counterproductive in most cases, because it would limit the movement of fleets just so that those powers could use the oceans. In this map, fleets would probably not be a major issue, or you'd just have to ally with someone who has fleets. I would make an exception to this for Osgiliath.

Those are my biggest suggestions, but I'd also suggest these:
The top mountain range is the Grey Mountains.
Elves could be spread out (Lorien, Rivendell, Farlindon, Harlindon). I don't think they were in the East Blight.
Rhovanion could be split into River Running and Redwater
River Running could be Rhovanion
Northern Rhun=Dorwinion
This is a much better map of the NW region:
http://www.glyphweb.com/arda/e/eriador.html
Bruinen=Eregion/Hollin
Weather Hills and South Downs could be moved
Lorien=Caras Galadon
Minhiriath not Miniwaith
The woodmen could be an SC just above Dol Goldur.
Dol Goldur could be controlled by Mordor.
Fangorn could be a bit smaller
You could use the Redhorn Pass only in Spring allowing players to pass over the mountains without going through Moria.
Rohan was not on the East side of the river in the Eastfold, at all.
Enedwaith not Eredwaith
Pinnath Gelin not Rinnath Gelin
Anorion is technically part of Gondor.
I'd think Mordor would have Minas Morgul at least as a home SC, and possibly also Cirith Ungol and Udun (Black Gate) rather than Ithilien and Osgiliath.
Ithilien could be smaller and all next to Osgiliath. All of that could be squished a bit since Morder is a bit to the West.
I understand you don't have a lot of room to work with, but the mountain passes, particularly Nurnen and Mountains of Moria (Grey Mountains) could be smaller
Belfalas=Dol Amroth-second or third largest city
Gondor could be separated into Lebennin and Lamedon maybe
Eastern Gondor could be separated into Southern Ithilien and Pelagir-Second or third largest city
City of the Corsairs=Umbar if you want something shorter.

I do like the way you put in the river between Osgiliath. Most of the geography looks well named and designed. The links should help with everything else.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 7:56 pm 

Here is my newest edition of the Crusades Map:

Attachment:
Crusaders!.png
Crusaders!.png [ 47.44 KiB | Viewed 2072 times ]

Powers:
England, France, Muslim Spain, Holy Roman Empire, Norman Italy, Hungary, Poland, Denmark, Kievan Rus, Byzantine Empire, Persia, Egypt

There are 59 Supply Centers and two victory conditions:
You must, EITHER-
1. Control both Holy Cities: Rome and Jerusalem
OR
2. Control a Super-Majority, that is two thirds, of the Supply Centers. Being that you must control at least 40 Supply Centers to count for a victory.

Additional Special Conditions:
    As most neutral territories represent well developed kingdoms generally controlling potent armies, each neutral SC is occupied by a neutral unit. These neutral units do nothing but hold for the entire game unless dislodged. A player may not capture these Supply Centers without support from another unit. Upon the dislodging of a neutral unit, that unit will perform an automatic disband instead of retreating to another location. The player controlled neutral SC's however, do not hold neutral units. Because of this exception, any player may move a unit into an SC covered by a box without requiring the support of another unit.

It should be noted that the following territories have two coasts and different methods of travel will occur consequentially: Lapland, Ohrid, Jerusalem, Cyrene, and Yorkshire. Similarly, Denmark, Luzki, Constantinople, Sinai all have only a single coast.

There is a link between Fez and Seville, allowing units to travel directly between the two.

The game starts as Winter Builds, 1080 and directly proceeds to Spring Diplomacy, 1081. Any player may build a unit in any unoccupied Supply Center that they control.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:37 pm 

Alright!
Here is my finished map...

Attachment:
Crusaders!.png
Crusaders!.png [ 47.85 KiB | Viewed 2006 times ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next