forum.webdiplomacy.net

webDip dev coordination forum / public access todo list
It is currently Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:50 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:43 pm 

Here is a downloadlink for all variants installed on my server: http://www.vdiplomacy.com/download.php

If you know of a missing variant feel free to message me.
Many of them are done by me, but I also collect the variants from other developers.

Version 1.0 of webdiplomacy is needed to use these variants.

To install the variants you have to unpack the .tar.gz in the "variant"-folder and add the name in config.php (with the same id it has in "variants/variant_name/variant.php"). If you had an older version installed delete "/variants/variant_name/cache/*" after installation.

Oliver

Last edited by Sleepcap on Sun Jan 30, 2011 6:50 pm, edited 83 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 5:35 am 
Site Admin

Good stuff, perhaps we should also make this the thread which lists all variants considered finsihed?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:01 am 

I can add the 2 maps from gilgatex if he thinks they are ready.
Also there should be an patch than applies without errors on your 0.93 installation for the rules-variants of his maps.

Oliver

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 8:04 pm 

None of my variants are considered "finished" quite yet. I'm still finding missing links on World, I just now finished the first draft of the 34-player standard map variant "Chaos," so I'm testing that next (with a "first round build" patch), and I'm pretty confident about the links and positions in Empire, but Sleepcap said he's going to adjust the map and text font a little. Once he does that, Empire should be 100% ready to go.

Also both Empire and World require a "custom colors" patch. For example, I didn't want Argentina the same color as Argentina in South America, so I called it ArgentinaWORLD. Then every time it needs out output a style sheet, it checks the customColor flag in mapConf, and appends the map name if it's set.

Ideally, your map patch will have a better color system than this :(

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 2:51 pm 

Since you're using version numbers, you should probably include that version number on the map graphic itself, so I can easily see if I have the most recent version.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 6:01 pm 

As you use JayP's installation as foundation all variants on your site should be "out of date" (Even the fleetrome and classic one, as I did some huge improvements to enhance readability)

I'm still unsure if I should change the smallmap every time I make a new version. Also IMHO there is so much text on the maps I don't want to clutter the graphics with information the players don't need.
But I really like the way you have implemented the special-rules-link.
Maybe this would be a good place for the version-number. But for this to work I need a patch (or just tell me what to change) for the original webdip that inserts this link. Than I'll add the version-description in my maps too.

Oliver

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 6:53 pm 

I'll probably go through and update all of the maps I got from you with the most recent versions before I package the whole thing up.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:01 am 

I started converting my variants for the new system. South-America is done, and I'll change the others as I have the time.

Oliver

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:10 pm 

Milan and Ancient Med ready to test too...

Oliver

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:47 am 

Pure and Hundred added

Oliver