forum.webdiplomacy.net

webDip dev coordination forum / public access todo list
It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:41 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Interactive Flash maps?
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:31 pm 

I am a flash developer and i love this game.

I was thinking how it would be possible to build flash diplomacy maps, so people can just click on units and set their moves directly, and not like current php system.

Do you think that this site is ready for that kind of change?
If i find some time, i could try to build some Flash maps.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 7:09 am 

I think there is a SVG-map planned as a further improvement, but not much development is going on on this project at the moment.
But the current implementation of the javascript-order-generation is not that hard to understand, so you should be able to replace that part with your own implementation really easy.

Oliver

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 1:40 am 
Site Admin

The site is definitely ready for 3rd party map extensions: all map data (including units and orders, current and historical) are available in JSON and XML, and orders are submitted via JSON with results returned in JSON.

All that's needed is someone to plug into it, so go for it (and let us know if you need help finding your way around; a dynamic map would be great)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 2:39 pm 

Yes, i actually need a help about this. See, the thing is that i am almost completely inexperienced about other web languages except flash AS3. But i am very good with what i do. This is because i am working in a large company for a long time and i have other programmers to handle html, js, php...

Where should i begin from? where can i find "sample moves" or documentation about json-formatted diplomacy moves? (i know well how to use json and xml formats)
How can i set environment to test it during development?

Note: i randomly have free time to work on other projects @ home so i may not finish this soon. :-/

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:51 am 
Site Admin

Perhaps try developing the map and interactivity first and then plug into the JSON last? Once you've got something that's compelling but doesn't quite plug in someone will step up to take care of the final integration