forum.webdiplomacy.net

webDip dev coordination forum / public access todo list
It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:58 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:37 pm 

OK, during setup, I encountered the following hurdles...

1. I tried to login for the first time and got this error message:
------------------------------
Error triggered: mkdir() [function.mkdir]: Permission denied.

This was probably caused by a software bug. If these occur often try enabling error-logging via config.php, and report errors to the official devs for help.
--------------------------------

I understand now that I needed to CHMOD certain files (but it didn't state that - CHMOD especially - in the install directions?). I didn't know which ones, so I recursively set all files to CHMOD to 777. This worked and my install passed all tests.

My question now is: what should I recursively CHMOD all my files back to now that the install has worked?

2. webDiplomacy stated I passed all tests after the DATC batch report. However, every page so far has output various "bad queries" lines, usually consisting more or less of the following:

---------------------------------

SELECT g.id, g.variantID, g.name, m.orderStatus, m.countryID, (m.newMessagesFrom+0) as newMessagesFrom, g.processStatus FROM wD_Members m INNER JOIN wD_Games g ON ( m.gameID = g.id ) WHERE m.userID = 5 AND ( m.status='Playing' OR m.status='Left' ) AND ( ( NOT m.orderStatus LIKE '%Ready%' AND NOT m.orderStatus LIKE '%None%' ) OR NOT ( (m.newMessagesFrom+0) = 0 ) )

SELECT f.id, fromUserID, timeSent, message, subject, replies, u.username as fromusername, u.points as points, latestReplySent, IF(s.userID IS NULL,0,1) as online FROM wD_ForumMessages f INNER JOIN wD_Users u ON ( f.fromUserID = u.id ) LEFT JOIN wD_Sessions s ON ( u.id = s.userID ) WHERE f.type = 'ThreadStart' ORDER BY latestReplySent DESC LIMIT 0, 30

----------------------------------

I'm not sure what this means. Any ideas?

3. Setting up a Crontab task:

Through Plesk on my server, when I go to setup a Crontab task, I have the following fields -- all required:

-----------------------------------

Minute *
Hour *
Day of the Month *
Month *
Enter the value in UNIX crontab format e.g. 1, 5-7, */4
Day of the Week *
Enter the value in UNIX crontab format e.g. 1, 4-6
Command *

------------------------------------

I thought I would only have to input a command line (*/5 * * * * /usr/bin/wget -O - 'http://webdiplomacy.net/gamemaster.php?gameMasterSecret=12345' >/dev/null 2>&1), but it appears my server is requiring a lot more fields be filled in.

How do I proceed?

Thanks in advance from a newbie!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:37 pm 

gmchad wrote:
1. I tried to login for the first time and got this error message:
------------------------------
Error triggered: mkdir() [function.mkdir]: Permission denied.
The log-files get not stored in the webdiplomacy-directory for security reasons.
You should check the config.php for the location of the directories and create them manually, or if you don't have access to the filesystem outside of the webdip-directory change it in the config-files but give them not easy to guess names.

gmchad wrote:
2. webDiplomacy stated I passed all tests after the DATC batch report. However, every page so far has output various "bad queries" lines, usually consisting more or less of the following:
Doesn't mean anything bad, you can ignore that.
The "bad querries" are quite usuall.

gmchad wrote:
3. Setting up a Crontab task:
I thought I would only have to input a command line (*/5 * * * * /usr/bin/wget -O - 'http://webdiplomacy.net/gamemaster.php?gameMasterSecret=12345' >/dev/null 2>&1)
It's the same:
minutes = */5
hour = *
day of month = *
month = *
day of week = *
command = /usr/bin/wget -O - 'http://webdiplomacy.net/gamemaster.php?gameMasterSecret=12345' >/dev/null 2>&1

Oliver

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:04 pm 

Fantastic! Thanks, Sleepcap! That worked. :D

OK, I see now that the "bad queries" messages only appear when logged in as an Admin and not when logged in as a normal account (I thought something was broken because I didn't see those "bad queries" messages on anyone else's webDiplomacy pages). Maybe some of these teething pangs I went through should be added to the Install manual?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:12 pm 

Also, it wasn't apparent to me how the crontab line was supposed to be read.

For example, in the README.TXT:
*/5 * * * * /usr/bin/wget -O - 'http://webdiplomacy.net/gamemaster.php?gameMasterSecret=12345' >/dev/null 2>&1

...did not necessarily equate to me as:

minutes = */5
hour = *
day of month = *
month = *
day of week = *
command = /usr/bin/wget -O - 'http://webdiplomacy.net/gamemaster.php?gameMasterSecret=12345' >/dev/null 2>&1

Only until Sleepcap added the line breaks did I realize what I was supposed to enter. Again, I'm a newbie, but probably worth making clearer in the README.TXT file.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:25 pm 

gmchad wrote:
Also, it wasn't apparent to me how the crontab line was supposed to be read.

That line is just the way the crontab command works.
It calls the gamemaster-scrpt every 5 minutes.

Oliver

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 9:42 pm 

The 'bad queries' simply give you information on which mySQL queries took the longest to run. They're displayed to admins and are useful when trying to work out where to optimise (if you ever needed to).