Having a little trouble with installation
Page 1 of 1

Author:  jimbursch [ Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:53 pm ]
Post subject:  Having a little trouble with installation


I have installed WebDip here:

I'm using GitHub (, but I am new at using GitHub. I am, however, an experienced php/mysql developer.

There were a couple of tricky issues I encountered, any of which may be the root of my current problem.

First was this issue:

I used InfernoZeus install.sql and then ran the updates to v 1.35. This succeeded in getting the site working. I'm pretty sure all the site files are current.

Here are the problems, which seem to be related to variants:
1. All the DATC tests fail

2. There are a couple of bad queries indicated in the footer (although they run just fine in phpmyadmin):

SELECT, g.variantID,, m.orderStatus, m.countryID, (m.newMessagesFrom+0) as newMessagesFrom, g.processStatus FROM wD_Members m INNER JOIN wD_Games g ON ( m.gameID = ) WHERE m.userID = 5 AND ( m.status='Playing' OR m.status='Left' ) AND ( ( NOT m.orderStatus LIKE '%Ready%' AND NOT m.orderStatus LIKE '%None%' ) OR NOT ( (m.newMessagesFrom+0) = 0 ) )


3. There'a a problem with a variant:
Error triggered: file_put_contents(variants/Empire4/cache/territories.js) [function.file-put-contents]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory.

Perhaps I need to start over from the beginning with a fresh installation, but I wanted to run these problems by an experienced eye.


Author:  jimbursch [ Thu Aug 07, 2014 1:50 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Having a little trouble with installation

I'm in correspondence with Kesta. He says the "bad queries" aren't really bad queries, just queries that ran a little slow, not to worry.

The variants issue was that Empire4 and Modern2 didn't have a "cache" directory, which caused file_put_contents() to fail. Just needed to create the cache directory for those variants.

Now we need to figure out why the DATC tests are failing.

Author:  jimbursch [ Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:49 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Having a little trouble with installation

OK -- I re-ran the DATC tests (note to self, the test re-runs when visiting in maintenance mode).

I get the following error:

Error: "Undefined index: 53"
Raised: "/home/jimbursch/"
Line: "111"
userID = 5, gameID = 4Variable dump: terrID => 53

When I look up terrID 53 in Table: wD_Territories, there are several territories with that ID, but not for mapID 1, which I presume is the classic map. In fact, mapID 1 is not in wD_Territories at all.

This points me to install.sql -- there is a problem with my installation of the database.

Author:  jimbursch [ Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:59 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Having a little trouble with installation

OK -- I got my installation working and it has passed all the DATC tests. I did three things, but I don't know which fixed the problem I was having.

1. I successfully installed v. 1.00 from the Sourceforge files, so I knew the code was good and I was capable of properly installing the site. The problem was in upgrading the site to v. 1.35.

2. From my v. 1.00 database I imported the wD_Territories table into my v. 1.35 database, which included the mapID=1 data (the classic map).

3. I re-ran the gamemaster.php script.

Possibly, if I had done #3 first, that may have been the solution. Somehow in the installation process the wD_Territories table gets updated with the necessary mapID=1 data. It's not in the install.php script. Possibly it's related the gamemaster.php, and possibly it's in the datc.php script. If I figure it out, I'll let you know.

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group