forum.webdiplomacy.net

webDip dev coordination forum / public access todo list
It is currently Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:35 pm

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:53 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Aug 02, 2014 1:46 pm
Posts: 10
Hello

I have installed WebDip here:
http://jimbursch.com/webDiplomacy/

I'm using GitHub (https://github.com/jimbursch/webDiplomacy), but I am new at using GitHub. I am, however, an experienced php/mysql developer.

There were a couple of tricky issues I encountered, any of which may be the root of my current problem.

First was this issue:
https://github.com/kestasjk/webDiplomacy/issues/15

I used InfernoZeus install.sql and then ran the updates to v 1.35. This succeeded in getting the site working. I'm pretty sure all the site files are current.

Here are the problems, which seem to be related to variants:
1. All the DATC tests fail

2. There are a couple of bad queries indicated in the footer (although they run just fine in phpmyadmin):

SELECT g.id, g.variantID, g.name, m.orderStatus, m.countryID, (m.newMessagesFrom+0) as newMessagesFrom, g.processStatus FROM wD_Members m INNER JOIN wD_Games g ON ( m.gameID = g.id ) WHERE m.userID = 5 AND ( m.status='Playing' OR m.status='Left' ) AND ( ( NOT m.orderStatus LIKE '%Ready%' AND NOT m.orderStatus LIKE '%None%' ) OR NOT ( (m.newMessagesFrom+0) = 0 ) )

SELECT * FROM wD_Notices WHERE toUserID=5 ORDER BY timeSent DESC LIMIT 35

3. There'a a problem with a variant: http://jimbursch.com/webDiplomacy/variants.php
Error triggered: file_put_contents(variants/Empire4/cache/territories.js) [function.file-put-contents]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory.

Perhaps I need to start over from the beginning with a fresh installation, but I wanted to run these problems by an experienced eye.

Thanks!

_________________
Here's my webDip installation:
http://jimbursch.com/webDiplomacy/

Here's my GitHub:
https://github.com/jimbursch/webDiplomacy/


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 1:50 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Aug 02, 2014 1:46 pm
Posts: 10
I'm in correspondence with Kesta. He says the "bad queries" aren't really bad queries, just queries that ran a little slow, not to worry.

The variants issue was that Empire4 and Modern2 didn't have a "cache" directory, which caused file_put_contents() to fail. Just needed to create the cache directory for those variants.

Now we need to figure out why the DATC tests are failing.

_________________
Here's my webDip installation:
http://jimbursch.com/webDiplomacy/

Here's my GitHub:
https://github.com/jimbursch/webDiplomacy/


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:49 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Aug 02, 2014 1:46 pm
Posts: 10
OK -- I re-ran the DATC tests (note to self, the test re-runs when visiting http://jimbursch.com/webDiplomacy/datc.php in maintenance mode).

I get the following error:

Error: "Undefined index: 53"
Raised: "/home/jimbursch/jimbursch.com/webDiplomacy/datc/datcGame.php"
Line: "111"
userID = 5, gameID = 4Variable dump: terrID => 53

When I look up terrID 53 in Table: wD_Territories, there are several territories with that ID, but not for mapID 1, which I presume is the classic map. In fact, mapID 1 is not in wD_Territories at all.

This points me to install.sql -- there is a problem with my installation of the database.

_________________
Here's my webDip installation:
http://jimbursch.com/webDiplomacy/

Here's my GitHub:
https://github.com/jimbursch/webDiplomacy/


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:59 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Aug 02, 2014 1:46 pm
Posts: 10
OK -- I got my installation working and it has passed all the DATC tests. I did three things, but I don't know which fixed the problem I was having.

1. I successfully installed v. 1.00 from the Sourceforge files, so I knew the code was good and I was capable of properly installing the site. The problem was in upgrading the site to v. 1.35.

2. From my v. 1.00 database I imported the wD_Territories table into my v. 1.35 database, which included the mapID=1 data (the classic map).

3. I re-ran the gamemaster.php script.

Possibly, if I had done #3 first, that may have been the solution. Somehow in the installation process the wD_Territories table gets updated with the necessary mapID=1 data. It's not in the install.php script. Possibly it's related the gamemaster.php, and possibly it's in the datc.php script. If I figure it out, I'll let you know.

_________________
Here's my webDip installation:
http://jimbursch.com/webDiplomacy/

Here's my GitHub:
https://github.com/jimbursch/webDiplomacy/


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group