The last process time was over 12 minutes ago (at 22 Jul 21 UTC); the server is not processing games until the cause is found and games are given extra time.

Finished: 01 AM Fri 12 Jun 20 UTC
Private VGB19
2 days /phase
Pot: 70 D - Autumn, 1915, Finished
Classic, No messaging, Anonymous players, Draw-Size Scoring, Hidden draw votes
1 excused missed turn
Game drawn
12 Apr 20 UTC Spring, 1905: GameMaster: Game was extended due to at least 1 member failing to enter orders and having an excused missed turn available. This has un-readied all orders.
08 May 20 UTC Spring, 1909: GameMaster: Game was extended due to at least 1 member failing to enter orders and having an excused missed turn available. This has un-readied all orders.
05 Jun 20 UTC Spring, 1914: GameMaster: Game was extended due to at least 1 member failing to enter orders and having an excused missed turn available. This has un-readied all orders.
10 Jun 20 UTC Guys, I did it, I didn't die in one of my France games!
10 Jun 20 UTC I can't believe you guys refused to whittle it down.
10 Jun 20 UTC Typically the onus to thin the draw is on you. If you hadn't voted draw we'd have sorted it out eventually. Withdrawing a bit to let us attack Italy would work
10 Jun 20 UTC I pulled back from Turkey to give him room and was only dicking with England to occupy time, and tried to support Italy a number of times and when he Held him that last phase. Fucking seriously a 5WD in that game was a disgrace.
10 Jun 20 UTC GG
10 Jun 20 UTC This would have been a tough one to thin though. The defensive line is really sketchy all around.
10 Jun 20 UTC Gg
10 Jun 20 UTC It's not worth it for anyone but Germany to try to whittle this. So I don't know what Wusti is complaining about.
10 Jun 20 UTC Gg
10 Jun 20 UTC I think Wusti potentially could have convinced Turkey to whittle Italy by bailing from Balkans, but so long as Germany had a meaningful presence there, there was just too much solo danger.

This was why, for instance, in my French solo, I moved way back, to make it difficult to (among other things, I needed conflict to happen between AI AND to win some flips around Munich).

Giving Turkey a strong incentive to stab and grow was, I think, needed in order to see a further whittling of the game state. That or a successful convoy into England (which, fwiw, was wide open on the final turn)
10 Jun 20 UTC True draw whittling, of the type that happens after the stalemate line was formed, that must be the most disgraceful practice there is. And stupid. It just shouldn't ever be done.
10 Jun 20 UTC I'm not a fan of draw whittling, but it is something you're supposed to do in DSS and I do try to play to the scoring system. It's another reminder why I mainly stick to SoS :D

Here though, I was never going to try to whittle until G was out of Austria (I was setting up to try to make that push). There was no real stalemate on the western side, especially if I had stabbed Italy and he decided to try to throw - I was never going to risk a German solo to cut one player out of the game.
10 Jun 20 UTC I would argue that it's a misconception that you are 'supposed to' do it in DSS.

But, to be clear, I am thinking of the type of whittling that happens after a stalemate line is formed and the game is practically over, but the power in the lead backs off to allow it. That's not really what happened in this game.

Start Backward Open large map Forward End

Germany
Wusti (1573 D)
Drawn. Bet: 10 D, won: 14 D
13 supply-centers, 12 units
Turkey
captainmeme (1584 D Mod)
10 supply-centers, 10 units
England
Valis2501 (2759 D (G))